UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

One Show Last Night...rounding Up "pitbulls"

suzeanna

I don't watch the One Show, but someone on another forum has put a link to iplayer for their programme last night, where a reporter joined a dog warden and a team of policeman to check up and seize dogs they felt were pitbulls. Having watched it I just thank the lord I don't own a dog who looks remotely like one, because if that woman had come up to me with the attitude she had, it would be me being carted off for punching the c*w in the mouth!

One dog looked less like a pitbull than it did a lab, but she still carted it off...she seemed to be enjoying the whole process far too much for my liking.

OMGosh - I've just watched that and I found it very scarey that you could just be walking your dog down the street and it could be seized - even when it's on a lead and with a muzzle. They all seemed friendly dogs as well.

I have a rescue staffy who appears to be old as the hills and only has one sharp tooth and very few blunt ones. Folks say Staffys are dangerous dogs - mine is bullied by the cat!

You are right Suzeanna - she did seem to be enjoying the power too much.

I/ve never seen more than closing minutes of the one show and haven't seen it on iplayer but I don't see any surprise that dogs could be carted on on spurios grounds / indentification as possibly "type".

BSL was introduced by an idiot in my opinion (and not just on his knowledge of dogs), never has and never will work as intended. The term "Deed not breed" couldn't have said it better. Perhaps and hopefully one day there will be a Government that actually listens.

There has been a nasty knock-on effect. Some people had a visit from the police after a neighbour reported them for having "a dangerous dog like those one the One Show". Fortunately the officers could identify an ordinary friendly staffy when they met one and went away again

Edited by owl
  • Like 1