UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Else's Dogs Bothered By The Weather?

gooster

Since Saturday evening, Charliegoo hasn't been himself. He has been off his normal food (but will still eat Ted's tripe), and just seems a bit worried about something. He is still drinking and going to the toilet as normal, but he just doesn't seem right. He's quite a neurotic little dog and gets stressed by Anything unusual. Am just wondering if he acting like this due to the horrendous weather we have had here. It hasn't stopped blowing a gale since Saturday night, which seems to coincide with his behaviour. Obviously if he doesn't improve, he'll be going to the vets, but am just wondering if it is the weather that is stressing him out, and that's why he's not eating with his usual enthusiasm (as he goes off his food when he is stressed)...

(null)

My Jack (a rescue SBT) goes crackers when it's windy and through the night I usually have to sleep downstairs with him- he settles if I'm there. If I have to go to work then I put the babygate at the kitchen door and leave him in there with lots of cushions, boxes and blankets that he can throw around and bury himself in. I've discovered a little rescue remedy can calm him down.

I took him to the vets once and all they could suggest was putting cotton wool in his ears.............. (and then charged me for the advice!!)

Good luck - the wind always drops eventually!!! x

Gypsy wasn't fond of the weather over the weekend, she was on high alert and quite unsettled. Up and down all night barking, crying and growling. Hope Charlie just wasn't too keen on the weather and it's nothing serious :flowers:

(null)

Jack dog is easily hyped by the weather especially the wind. He gets quite distressed and the only way to deal with him is to let him go under the bed and put the TV on a bit loud. He's another that won't eat his normal food but will eat toast or chicken so hopefully it's the weather affecting Charlie, I hope he's back to normal soon.

Thanks. He didn't eat his breakfast yesterday, but had some eggs last night and tripe this morning. He also went to Hoover leftovers from everyone else's bowl this morning, so think he is feeling a bit better. The weather has also calmed down here too :unsure:

(null)