UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Trannies Arenow Boys

Pendlewitch

Simon is beating Rupert up big style! I did think I would get away with keeping them together but it's all gone pear shaped so I now have a big problem. Rupert has to go PDQ, non of the rescues will have him, no-one is interested locally. I do get the 'I'll think about it' but I don't have time for that, it has to be tomorrow. They are mongrel cockerels and BIG so my options are very limited, well in fact limited to Rupert is lunch!

BUT!!!! I really don't want his neck pulled and I don't really want him to be lunch. I'm prepared to have him PTS by the vet and this has to be tomorrow! Then I'm left with one cockerel, can he live on his own or do I get him a couple of ladies? Or do I part with both and just have ladies as the crowing is a tad loud, no complaints as yet but come summer there just maybe.

Arrrrrgh, decisions, decisions! Any suggestions or ideas most welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Simon's amazingly loud c*** a doodle do and mutterings (justified) from the neighbours he has gone to a new home. A friend recently lost her cockerel and fell for Simon's amazing good looks immediately, she is very rural so he can crow to his hearts delight.

I have aquired 2 Bartle Blues, Sheridan and Shiloh and Betty who is an aged Warren, they have settled in really well and chirtle away together quite happily. OH is banned from any feeding as it was his antics with huge amounts of corn that brought rats last time we had hens. I didn't think I'd ever want chickens again but the bad tempered 8ft nettles in the abandoned run last year made my mind up for me! :laugh:

I like how the word c*** isn't allowed :laugh:

You were very lucky to find him a home, they're hard to come by. I wanted a lemon pyle Brahma to add to my Brahma collection of three gold hens and a blue partridge pullet. Three eggs hatched and four months later it looks as if all three are boys :mecry: As far as Brahmas go, they are a rare colour so at least that's in their favour and this is the time of year breeders start to make sure they've got all the boys they need for spring, I would hope I can find someone to take at least one of my boys for a life of rumpy pumpy with the ladies.

I hope the new girls clear the nettles soon :laugh:

Simon is running riot, someone called at his yard looking for livery, she had a lovely new car with a nice highly polished shine, it was a nice reflective shine too. Simon took an immediate dislike to the cockerel living in the door panel and attacked it with beak and claw. When 'chased' off by the owner he chased her off big style, what a naughtly bird he is. His companion has removed herself to the top of a tree and says she is not coming down ever, I can see Simon being lunch before long, he is the most beautiful bird but is not a nice person at all!

If only we could talk sense into them :rolleyes: Some cockerels are just pure evil. My friend who used to breed gold Brahmas had the most amazing hens and the chicks produced were show winners but when the Brahma cockerel became ill he had no choice but to cull him because he wasn't able to handle him to treat his illness. He gave up breeding Brahmas, I have the last one of his hens here, Princess Michael of Kent. Whereas another friend breeds barred Wyandottes and her cockerels are the soppiest cockerels I've ever seen. She shows them so they're well used to being handled and are just nice little people.

When I win the lottery and have a place where I can keep cockerels I'll only have nice boys that I can handle. It's dangerous otherwise, for me and for them.