UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Chicken Wrestling

Pendlewitch

I re-fenced the chicken paddock with ostrich height fences and let Simon and Rupert out, they were delighted and trotted around scratching and being chickens. As it was coming dusk I left them and went up to do the horses, came back to find a gaggle of children on the street surrounding something, yup, it was a large white cockerel! Seized him and tucked him under my arm, this impressed the children as they were all quite scared of him! I collected a large pair of scissors on the way past the kitchen and once in the shed chopped off his flight feathers, then caught Rupert and repeated the process so hopefully they will be grounded now. I got pecked several times and kicked a lot, those birds are HUGE and very strong but I won in the end. I hope it works as if they can't be kept in they will have to be lunch! I wish they would try and appreciate that I'm trying to save them from the pot!

Edited by Pendlewitch

My naughty Trannies stayed put today! :biggrin: They had gone to bed like good boys by the time I got back from the horses so all I had to do was shut the door. I must get some photos of them, I think they are superb and must not be turned into a casserole. I have christened their hut The Lunch Box just to remind them what could happen. :laugh: