UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Best Can I Help?

Jeanne

I have just seen details of a collie rescued from Ireland and now in foster in Wales that is 20 yrs old. My heart breaks for it.:crying_anim: I want to help but don't know the best way.

Not sure if me offering it a home would be right, (long journey, don't know dog/cat status etc.) so maybe just raising awareness is best I can do but not sure of the rules for posting here.

Any advice?

As she is in a foster home she is safe as Elaine says, and would you really want to put her through more upheaval now she has settled simply because you feel sorry for her at that age? She is warm and loved and there are a lot of elderly dogs in a kennel environment who would love to have a home setting to live in - even if it is for a short time as a foster.

I can't see any problem with you posting a link to her details here Jeanne flowers.gif

Or perhaps you could contact them and ask if they'd like her listed on the Oldies Club site?

I have sent the rescue an email suggesting they list on Oldies Club site. I don't know how to do proper link but the details of the rescue/dog are: www.manytears.co.uk and dogs name is Child (or Childie).

I agree about her being safe in foster but as they are looking to rehome her (perhaps the fosterer WILL keep her?) I suppose ideally a home nearby would be best. She deserves some good luck now.