UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Deter A Kitten From Visiting My Garden?

suzeanna

Just recently we keep seeing a kitten on our walks round the estate...about six months old at a guess, tortie with white feet and a pink collar with a bell, but no name on it. She (I presume) wanders everywhere, including over some very busy roads, and follows us when we walk the dogs even though our lurcher is straining at the lead and barking his head off! To my horror when I went into the garden earlier to pick up after the dogs, I heard tinkle tinkle..and there she was, bold as brass, wandering down my path.. :wacko: I'm really worried that I'll not realise if she is there and let the dogs out..Rosie cavalier would bark and chase but not much else but I honestly think if Dylan (lurcher) caught her, he'd kill her, he really loathes cats. How on earth do I deter the little thing? I tried shooing her away...she put her tail up and came up to me..put her over the fence (NOT into the garden where my neighbours rabbiting lurchers could get her!) and she came back through the hedge. I have no idea at all of where she lives, and she looks too well fed to be lost.

Try carrying a water pistol and squirt her - we've had exactly the same problem with a teeny weeny kitten that our nextdoor neighbours have just got, shes soooo small and not at all dog savvy and seems awfully keen on Nog and of course he is awfully keen on her :rolleyes: they leave her out and she keeps coming into our garden she even runs straight towards Nog and I have to make a mad grab for him whilst trying to shoo her away. I spoke to the neighbours who said that she'd soon learn - but how can she learn if Nog gets holkd of her and gives her a shake - he's never harmed a cat yet but those he's encountered have been rolled a few times in rough play and a tiny kitten is a whole other thing, neighbours said its the cats fault if she gets hurt not Nogs but thats so NOT the point :rolleyes: I took to squirting her (when the neighbours werent watching) and she now avoids me & Nog like the plague :laugh: