UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feeling Bit Shaky

Jeanne

As someone who regularly looks at the Oldies club website I have just given myself a bit of a jolt. I am recognising many of the dogs who have passed on as having been on the site both before and after I adopted Joe. I think it is one of those reality moments, combined with the fact that a work colleague had to have her 11 year old border collie put to sleep this week. It has all had an effect on me. Joe is still with us but quite frail (except where food is concerned:biggrin: ).

Think I need to have a Joe (not forgetting Tag) type cuddle to make me feel better.

It's always sad to see a dog you "know", let alone one of your own, pass on or even to realise that the time has moved nearer :(

On the other hand, with your glass full, think happily of the many happy days you have been & will still be able to give Joe, times that will never leave either of you :wub:

I think every home should experience at least one oldie, most end up sharing their lives with more than one once they do :)

Edited by Ian

I adopted both Callie and then Musky when they were both in their teens, and was lucky to have both of them for about two years. That may not sound like long (and it never feels long enough) but I loved every day they were with us and wouldn't have missed that time with them for anything wub.gif

I now have Benji who came as a fifteen year old nearly two years ago. He had lots of health problems initially and I thought we'd be making his last weeks or months comfortable, but he's confounded us by making a full recovery and at 17 is as fit as a flea (and much more annoying laugh.gif). I know he won't be with us forever, but he's most certainly enjoying life at the moment and makes me laugh every single day with his antics. Whatever happens in future my time with him will always be something special.

Edited by Fee

Fee that's truly impressive that Benji is still going strong at 17 years old. I treasure every day with Joe, knowing that they are not never ending makes it more valuable. It is such a privilege to be able to care for a vulnerable older dog (or any pet), when you think they put all their trust in you. :luvlove: