UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Weymouth - Do You Recognise Poor Ginger Or This Man?

Ian

:( A man (seen on CCTV in the link) is being sought after he was caught on CCTV appearing to dump a dog in Dorset.

The man is seen apparently taking the dog for a walk before he heads back to a car which drives off leaving the pet unable to catch up due to a limp.

The footage was taken on a camera at offices owned by BMT Defence Services in Weymouth last Friday.

The council is trying to rehome the dog, named Ginger, and trying to find the man.

The footage shows him getting into a rear seat of the car, suggesting at least two other people were present at the time.

Ginger, a Shetland cross terrier and about eight years old, was collected by wardens from Weymouth and Portland Borough Council.

Ginger has been taken in by the council which is trying to rehome her Ian Lewis, dog warden, said her claws were overgrown so "they were digging into her pads", which was causing her to limp.

"I couldn't believe it when I saw the footage - this was a callous act and beyond belief," he said.

"It may have been an old person's dog who had died and the new owners didn't want her or maybe someone thought she would cost lots in vets' bills.

"But she is in fine health, absolutely beautiful and has settled in really well.

"I have spoken to the RSPCA who said they will be seeking prosecution."

The maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

The man seen on the CCTV is described as white, about 6ft tall, and he was wearing blue jeans and a brown top.

He was in a blue Kia Rio hatchback.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11381878

I hope poor little Ginger is soon found a more loving home & this b*****d is found & prosecuted. :mad:

How could they mecry.gifI hope they are both fined, although I'm guessing they'll be in more trouble from other estate residents than they will be from the police.

This caught my eye too.

We understand that patience was lost with the dog after she nibbled a nine-year-old boy’s leg, so a decision was taken to dump her last Thursday and return to Lancashire. The scene was caught on CCTV, and later shown on TV across the world.

Am I being paranoid or does anyone else think if the dog had been a different breed " nibbled" would have been reported as " savaged " dry.gif. Amazing how the press can condemn with a word.