UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

"share This Topic"

Spins4me

At the bottom of the page on each forum it says "share this page" and then there are icons for facebook, twitter etc. Does that mean that anything we write on here can be put onto a social networking site? :unsure:

Yes thats exactly what it means, I just clicked the Twitter one and the link to this thread appeared on my twitter feed, with facebook it took me to the login screen but thats probably because i use chrome for facebook and explorer for here so am not logged in to facebook with this browser :flowers:

Yes thats exactly what it means, I just clicked the Twitter one and the link to this thread appeared on my twitter feed, with facebook it took me to the login screen but thats probably because i use chrome for facebook and explorer for here so am not logged in to facebook with this browser :flowers:

OMG I didn't realise that. :wacko: :unsure:

If you make sure that 'only friends' can read your facebook page and don't let the world and their mother follow you on twitter, your secrets won't be spread that far and wide. I'd say, as a rule, never ever post anything on a forum that you wouldn't write on the back of a post card. Forums can be hacked into, and if people really want to spy on you and google your (nick) name they can find out as well. :flowers:

Thats why we have always made nonanimal chat members only, even if someone were to click on a share link non members would only get taken to a "you must be logged in to read this" message and would need to join Refuge to read it.

Thanks, Snow. That's put my mind at rest - I can reveal my deepest secrets again without worrying. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: