UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Baby Shower Gift Ideas Needed

lil_angel

We're having a baby shower for one of the girls in work before she heads off on maternity leave. Last time we did one we all contributed childhood story books as the mummy to be loved to read. This time we dont have a theme and Im really struggling for ideas for a gift. She doesnt know if shes having a boy or a girl so present needs to be unisex or something for mum. I know they are having an under the sea theme for the nursery but still havent found anything to buy and Im running out of time.

Any ideas?

Not sure if this sounds a bit lame but what about a patch work quilt or blanket for the baby, with each of you making an individual patch that is personal to you and then sewing them all together?

You can buy patches ready made to just add your own personal touches to, so it's perfect for people (like me) who aren't very domesticated!

Example: My link

Or, if you are quite good with a sewing machine you could use materials that have sentimental value to you, like a childhood dress or shirt (obviously depends on how close you are to this girl!).

You can also get photos printed onto patches, which is quite a nice personal touch.

Like this:

4_lg.jpg

Snappy Snaps print onto fabric: http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/photo-gifts/

They also have a really cute Teddy with a t-shirt that you can have a photo printed on to.

:unsure: but you said

.................. what about a patch work quilt or blanket for the baby, with each of you making an individual patch that is personal to you and then sewing them all together?................................

surely that is collective?

Personally I don't think it's lame at all, rather a nice idea I think! :flowers:

:unsure: but you said

surely that is collective?

Personally I don't think it's lame at all, rather a nice idea I think! :flowers:

Thank you.

In my first reply I thought it was collective, hence why I suggested a group project. But then I re-read Amy's post and realised she was just looking for an individual present. I've been having a lot of blonde days recently. rolleyes.gif

What about a unisex scrapbook kit? Then Mum can start building it up straight away with baby scan photos or a page about her hopes for her baby and her feelings about becoming a Mum.

This one is unisex.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12x12-BABY-scrapbook-album-kit-vellums-papers-more-/230503390858?pt=UK_CollCrafts_Scrapbooks_RL

When baby is born, I bought the most beautiful dream catcher from Ebay made up in candy colours with baby's name and date of birth in beads woven into the design. Not expensive either.