UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Morning Is That Petpals?

Ruthi (borrowadog)

Yes, how can I help you?

Can you tell me how much you charge for dog boarding?

We charge £20/day. Tell me about your dog.

Its not my dog, its my daughter's, and my son is looking after it for her while she is on holiday. But its a puppy, 18months old, and its quite big and its just too boisterous for him, in a flat.

Well I'm afraid we are fully booked at the moment.

Well can you recommend anyone else? He just can't cope with it.

Then follows the usual conversation. Eventually I said she might get it into kennels, but to be honest they are booked up too at this time of year. And then I said, 'Quite honestly, 18 months isn't that much of a puppy any more. He should have been to classes by now, and not be all that boisterous any more'

The reply? Get this

'Well they can't afford it, with only one of them out at work.'

I'm afraid I've not done much for Petpals reputation. I said

'The can't afford it? They can afford to go on holiday. The truth madam, is that they can't be bothered. They've got a dog, but they are too lazy to make the effort to train it. And in a year or two they will take it to a rescue saying that they don't have time for it, or their child is allergic, or their circumstances have changed.

And its too boisterous for your son, but you expect to dump it on me for a week.'

Now I am off to collect a dog that has just come into Staffie Rescue high on drugs. I am right off people today!

Rant over

The staffie is a little cutie, apparently she couldn't stand up yesterday for the drugs, today she just seemed shell-shocked. Anyway, she's safe with Adam and Amy now, at least for the time being. She's explored the garden, tried out the garden chairs and the sofa, and I left her sunning herself while Amy looked her out some food.

Poor love didn't travel well. I've had to take out the rubber mat in the crate and hose off the puke and dribble, and I had to wipe her down too when we arrived.

Her name is Minnie, and you can follow her progress on the Rescue Remedies forum.