UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'M Spitting Feathers!

Jeanne

I am so cross. My cousin and her husband lost their old dog recently, no problem there they took him to the vets etc. But they have a record of passing on animals when they can't/don't want to cope with them. There was the St Bernard who spent all his time outside and then was passed to someone on a farm, they had a German Shepherd that was rehomed, a cat that wee'd on the table so was rehomed, an aviary of birds that are no longer there, cats that have disappeared plus more that I can't remember now and cil's mother rehomed one of her dogs (runs in his family it seems). The late old dog was one of the few that stayed on until old age.

My cousin doesn't want any more dogs, her husband who is about 66 has had numerous strokes and cannot walk very well. I have just heard that their son brought home a young dog as cil was upset at the passing of last one and in an attempt to cheer him up. On top of that cil has gone out and got himself another dog which sounds as if it could be a rottweiler cross (smaller than the breed I believe).

The dogs won't get walked if past history is anything to go by and also what about the cat that they still have how will that cope?

He so called loves animals, so why is it that the animals are the ones that suffer? :grrr: