UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Great North Dog Walk

olivea

Please find below the link to my just-giving page for the GNDW for anyone who would like to sponsor me. I've had 3 donations already which I think is a good start!

http://www.justgiving.com/Olive-Armstrong

The picture on my page is of Tess who did the walk with me last year, despite recovering fron vestibular she did the majority of the walk on her own 4 legs, however, she was in a pushchair for a small amount of time, to help her finish the walk!!!

This year I'll be completing it with my newly adopted Silk, a young-oldie (she's eight on 30 June). :laugh:

I've only got a couple of pics at the mo - I'll definitely take some on Sunday on the walk - thanks for your donations!!

Silk is almost 8yrs old, 8 on 30 June. She is an ex-show-ex-breeding black and white small collie bitch, in some ways alike to my precious Tess but not so you would think - oh she's just like her.

Silk had her last litter in March and then her breeder (Locheil Border Collies) wanted a retirement home for her. I had been told about Locheil by a vet nurse I know as I was asking if anyone knew of any small collies needing a home so I got in touch and the rest as they say is history.

She's quite a placid girl, seems to have settled really well, but a bit nervy as everything is very new to her she's been living in the highlands of scotland and pretty much an outdoor girl so lots of everyday things are quite strange to her. She's a quick learner and has already learnt to give a paw and is on her way to "fetch", she loves her ball!! Just as well, I'm going to have to start jogging just to keep up with her!!! Unfortunately Ginny and I were quite

Every contribution is very gratefully received so please don't apologise and say it's only a small donation - it all adds up and if everyone donated one pound we'd be rolling in it!!:rolleyes: Your support is greatly appreciated xx

The walk was fine but very wet, only took 1 pic and that was well after the event, you can barely see Silk's bandana!! Rained most of the walk and although was cool wasn't cold but could have been better for us humans, but probably good for the dogs!!! Apparently 19,000+ people registered, so that's 19,000+ people all taking at least 1 dog!!!

There were quite a few stalls there as well but didn't spend too long at those, also a dog show but the organisation was far from good, too congested at the registration desk so didn't bother to enter any classes - which was a shame.

Silk was very good considering she's not used to so many people/dogs and it was very noisy at the start of the walk.

Becky, Cheryl and I are hoping to have raised about £350 between us, and a couple of people I sent entry/sponsor forms to did actually attend although they didn't meet up with us, so maybe a little bit more on top of that for Oldies - providing it gets to Oldies!!!!