UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Long Hraired Rottweiler?

Ian

I'm just curious as to how common / uncommon this is as I'd never heard of, let alone seen one before, first thoughts were he must be a x etc. A quick google seems to suggest it's a gentic thing & you do get them, nort that uncommon yet I didn't see any pictures of one to support that.

So rottie lovers, unusual or not? unsure.gif

I've also seen details of a young rottie in a welsh pound, described as "semi cripple" due to hip issues, although he's shown standing. sad.gif Though not as far as I'm aware in any immediate danger kennels obviously isn't ideal for such a dog. If anyone knows of someone willing & able to offer the poor lad a rescue space etc I'd gladly pass on the details

I've seen a long-haired and a curly-haired rottie, both definitely pure bred and both very gorgeous wub.gif

It's a recessive gene, so probably not that common - as it's seen as a breed fault breeders will tend to try to eliminate it from their lines. At one time pups with incorrect coats were usually culled, I hope that's not still the case mecry.gif

There was an ad in the local paper recently for a 'rare' long haired rottie rolleyes.gif

Yes that's something like, I've only seen the photo but this is the dog I've seen. I was initially thinking he might have been crossed with a Bernese or something but he's bonny looking isn't he. He's a stray too

Hooch.jpg

Edited by Ian