UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stage 1 Greyhound Tattoo

elricc

I have wanted some sort of Lucy tribute but could'nt think what. After Becky's reading I decided a hare would be perfect. I am having one on 22nd June. It's a watercolour painting. Not moon gazing. It's 2 sessions so won't be finished till 6th July. Tattooist said it will look brill. Will post it when done. I hope you will post the finished greyhounds as that will be crackin when finished

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a very impressive tattoo. I do have 1 question tho. All the tattoo's that I have seen where people have had them for years seem to all go a kind a green/black colour despite being, lets say red/blue, green ect. i have a small red rose which in years to come I am expecting to go green/black. So is this a thing that happened years ago and the modern ones will keep their colour?

old style inks tended to go navy blue etc or they dispersed in the skin hence reds and oranges fading... newer inks keep in place better so the lines don't become as wide. Lines will spread, I have had some of mine recoloured and lines redifined, but some spreading is unavoidable.

It also depends on the skill of the tattooist, he/she needs to get it into the right layer of the skin, to deep and it spreads really quickly and you get instant fuzzy line, too shallow and they colour will come out very quickly.

A good tattooist will get it just right, the problem being thre are so many who are awful, tattooing from home, buying a kit of ebay and ruining peoples skin.

Amazing Laura.:wub: Cannot wait to see the finished article. Totally stunning

I agree totally with what you say about the skill of the tattooist. You have a good one like me. I would never go to anyone else and I am sure you feel the same way about your chap

Edited by one.eyed.dog