UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Benj Did A Vanishing Trick Last Night

elricc

Yesterday Mark was mending the front window and had it wide open until about 4, went over to check on friends dogs a few miles away, we got back at around 7:30. No Benj, I thought oh he is asleep up stairs, went to check No Benj. He must have got out of the window in the afternoon as we shut it around 4.

We spent hours wandering Kessingland beach, Pakefield, ringing dog warden service, they had a report of a fawn greyhound in someones garden at around 4:30, a house called Red Ridges along a road that backs on to the beach nearby, but nobody I knew had a clue which house ( no numbers ) so knocking on doors etc. Mark goes to call on local Postie and I get a call from waveney helpline with the mobile no of the house who had Benj. Rang them up got directions, Rushed to find the house, secluded behind other houses. Huge great posh house, Man says Oh he has been asleep on my sofa, he has had some dinner etc. he's only just woken up. Benj trots across the wide floor, no collar . I ask the man if he took his collar off, he replied that he had no collar/tag on when he found him. Don't know what happened there??

SO Benj had been asleep on the sofa where yards away me and others on the bitterly cold beach had been calling his name, I imagine he pulled a deaf un like he normally does when he doesn't want to do what he is asked to.

Just glad I got him back

Having been through something similar myself recently I know how scared you must have been and what a relief it is when you first see them again. I didn't know whether to kiss or kill Jake when he did a runner over the farmers fields in the dark one night.

So glad you got Benj back okay and I hope he enjoyed his dinner :rolleyes: