UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Getting Fans On Facebook

Sarah B

I'm trying to get more fans for my business page on Facebook. How do you make something so interesting it goes viral? I have a few friends and customers on it at the moment but not as many as I would like. I'm not expecting to have hundreds of thousands but a few more would be nice.

Any ideas?

:blush: edited to add it's Happy Paws Canine Daycare

Edited by Sarah B

I guess it depends why you want fans ( as in what are you going to do with them ) If they are going to be clients / potential customers to offer your services , promote offers etc then a link from your website or a "find us on facebook" type logo on handouts. I would think you would want people within a certain area as well and you can buY advertising from Facebook thats very location specific

Or you could think about what type of content you are planning to post and that will help with who your fans are most likely going to be

Dogstars Fan Page has just under 1100 fans , at the start I invited all my friends and Sirius Dogstars Friends ( he has more than me ) but now its really taken off as a word of mouth thing. I don't know a large amount of the new members so either they find us via the website or friends recommend us

I try and update our page every day , update on what we are doing , add photos and videos , link to the website etc. I also have the Fan Page linked to Dogstars Twitter account.

Its taken us a year to reach that level and looking back in November we had about 400 fans so really its only picked up in the last 4 months

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Cool although you will need to tell me how to do that lol

Done (and become a fan :D)

If you copy the link to any FB page - mine is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trowbridge-United-Kingdom/Happy-Paws-Canine-Daycare/419938282588?v=wall#!/pages/Trowbridge-United-Kingdom/Happy-Paws-Canine-Daycare/419938282588?ref=nf - andwhere on your wall it says "write something" underneath that is an 'attach' icon. Click on the 'link' icon, copy and paste the link, click attach, then write your blurb and share :) It will then automatically show up on your LInks tab and on your wall.

I guess it depends why you want fans...

For me its all about networking - if someone is going on holiday and need a sitter then then can (hopefully!) recommend HPCD, and vice versa with any other businesses that want to link to my business page. Its not too much of a problem if the businesses are out of my area as you never know when someone you are chatting to online or IRL wants to know details of someone in another area. I have friends and family all over the UK, so obviously I will recommend to them someone I know :)And hopefully that works both ways!

I am more than happy to link to people from my website and FB page as long as I can get a reciprocal link back. That way it works both ways :)