UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Health & Justice For Patchy

tegk68

So many of you have been kind enough to send Patchy 'good wishes' on the RMF Thread here, I thought that perhaps he deserved his own post.

Rather than use my own words, I've copied and pasted Claire's from Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue, where he is now being cared for.

Health & Justice for Patchy

Patchy is a three year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier Dog who was seized from a house where he had been locked in a crate, left starving in his own urine and faeces. (You would think he had tan fur on his legs and chest wouldn't you, but you'd be wrong, that is the damage caused to his skin and fur caused by laying in... urine soaked bedding)!

At the time that Patchy was removed from that house he weighed 10.2Kg. A dog of his age, weight and build should weigh around 16-17Kg. To give you an idea, when Patchy came into the rescue he weighed little more than my Husband's Jack Russell Terrier.

Appart from being chronically malnourished and dehydrated he also has demodex mange and a number of skin leisions. Patchy was so hungry he had started to eat his own tail!

Patchy currently needs 24hr care and attention. He is on Anti-biotics and a number of other treatments. Our vet says that it will take two - three months to get him back on his Paws properly.

We desperately need to raise funds for Patchy and any donation you can send will be greatly appreciated. Every penny will be spent on Patchy's medical and feeding requirements.

Even after everything he has been though, his tail is still wagging and we at Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue are determined to make him well again and to ensure that his previous owner is held to account over this neglect and should never be allowed to keep an animal again.

12309_1266531975676_1001083309_30830429_2278076_n.jpg

12309_1266537055803_1001083309_30830443_1543263_n.jpg

12309_1266537095804_1001083309_30830444_2827178_n.jpg

More information can be found on Patchy's Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/WSBTR?v=wall

----end----

He has a lovely, lovely Foster home down the lane from me to go to but that won't be possible for another week or two as he is still too poorly to be moved. We are keeping everything crossed that this dear little chap pulls through so he can finally discover that a 'real home' means love, care and attention FOREVER.

To end here is the latest update on Patchy from Claire today:

Sun 21st March: Patchy continues to make progress, albeit slowly, and seems totally overawed by what is happening to him.

I suspect he has seen very little of the outside world as, even though his is three years old, his eyes are still 'puppy-blue'! Our vet says this is probably due to limited exposure to daylight and that this should rectify itself in a month or so if he makes it.

He is eating a solid diet now, (Royal Canin Sensitive Puppy), six meals x 200gramms / day. The food is literally swallowed whole, not chewed, although he does seem to be slowing down somewhat. One of the main problems is that he has obviously forgotten how to drink and I am having not only to soak the food, but also to feed water with a syringe!

He can now walk about 20-40 metres without being distressed and does try a 'lollopy little trot' but he hasn't the muscle to be coordinated yet and ends in a heap! We will keep his exercise little & often and see how we go.

----end----

I know he is one of so many dogs neglected and abused but it would be wonderful if you could please keep Patchy in your thoughts tooflowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif .

Edited by tegk68

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY WHY WHY do people get a dog if they haven't got the intention to care for them properly!! :mad: :mad: :mad: This poor little guy sounds as if he has never been treated right, not just for a short period when things were a little less rosey for the owner. I really hope that Patchy will pull through and his ...... (fill in expletives of your choice) of an EX-owner will get locked up in a crate at HMP. Sadly they will receive better treatment there than Patchy ever had....

Is there a non facebook website or contact for those of us who might like to send a small donation to help with his vets bills?

Oh bless youflowers.gif . You can donate via the rescue website here http://www.wsbtr.org/donations.htm

The direct paypal email address is [email protected]

Or physical address is:

Parsonage Farm, Mill Drove

Collingbourne Kingston, Wiltshire SN8 3SD

(cheques should be made payable to Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue)

Sadly they will receive better treatment there than Patchy ever had....

How true mad.gif

I have tried making a donation via Paypal through their website, but it doesn't work for me (the window which opens up won't let me scroll down to the 'make payment' bit once I'm in Paypal). Can we please have an email address to send a Paypal payment to? flowers.gif