UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Seat Belt Wearing

reds

Just back from work congress where this viral was shown, apparently it has been one of the fastest virals to spread globally on the internet. The reason the road safety world is so much behind it is because, unlike traditional 'hard-hitting' adverts, there is no blood and no gore. The director of the video lost his partner in a car crash, in which she was not wearing a seatbelt: she was also pregnant :(

See what you think:

Brilliant video, really gets the message across flowers.gif

My sister was killed in a car crash. Her van wasn't even moving. A car hit her side on at 60mph. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt. As the policeman told me at the time, when her head went through the windscreen, the windscreen gave; when her head hit the bonnet, the bonnet gave; then her head hit the tarmac, tarmac doesn't give. She was so severely brain damaged that we had to make the decision to turn her life support off several days later because even if she had been able to breathe unaided, her brain was so badly damaged she would have had no quality of life.

Please please PLEASE wear a seat belt, unless like my sister you don't really care whether you live or die.

Edited by merledogs