UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Need A New Computer

ailsas mum

My p.c. has just gone to the great p.c. dump in the sky and I need to get a new one. I'm pretty skint at the moment but I need one for when the b.& b. starts up again in a few months. I'm not really a fan of laptops but if I have to go down that road I will. I really only use it for getting my bookings and mucking about with my photos so I like it to be hooked up to my printer, the only other thing I use it for is to come on here and a few other sites, I also use it to keep in touch with brat no 3 ( Kirsty ) who lives in America.Can any one please shove me in the right direction as to where the best place to go to get a new one.

Terri

It comes from Curry's and is made by Packard Bell, so the answer is almost certainly no. :laugh: Also, will Windows 7 really run within 2GB of RAM? Am dubious... :unsure:

Try Dell - http://www.dell.co.uk/ Dells are generally good value and quality.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks for that, must admit I've been quite lucky with Curry's most of my stuff is from there and it's been fine, I must just have been very lucky. The computer thats just gone bust came from there 7 years ago and it's just in the past couple of months it's started playing up, I'm of to have a look at Dell, thank you :flowers: .

Terri

Having just switched from a desktop to a laptop, I would definitely say go down the laptop route.

I bought the Compaq CQ61 315SA from Currys and I'm really pleased with it flowers.gif You soon get used to using a laptop and the flexibility is great, you can take it where you want in the house rather than being only able to use it in one place.

Having just switched from a desktop to a laptop, I would definitely say go down the laptop route

I did think about it and my brats are trying to convince me that it would be better, I'm using my sons laptop just now, I like it just for being on the internet but I like mucking about with pictures and I do a lot of printing. What I might do at some time in the future ( when I have money :rolleyes: ) is to get a laptop just to use for sitting playing on the internet.

Terri

Thanks Alicia, I've bought a Dell, I was on their site and built one but it was taking so long ( I was on my daughters laptop ), I gave her my cards and told her to just buy me the bl00dy thing :wacko:. I was going to put on what hard drive and so on it has but I've forgotten :laugh: .My monitor is okay but I would like a new one, I'm going to wait until my birthday in a couple of months and my kids who never know what to buy me can get one for me. My new one will be here on the 16th of this month :bigsmiley:

Terri