UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Etiquette Question!

cycas

No people just do not appreciate this kind of appeall. No one sends anything and think its all a bit weird. I find that even hiding the bulk nature of the email , and adding some special personal info to each one, doesnt work with relatives and even odd acquaintances get a bit frisstzy.

However ailments and disease all offer far better results., with some thought you can allow the donors to feel really good about themselves. But be careful how many names you put on the next christmas card. You can still spend the money on a P***up . if they find out you can claim to be celebrating a miraculous cure.

Results are always a bit hapahazard. One of my relatives has refused to help with my funeral arrangements for three years runnning I have had to postpone.

, you only do that sort of thing with close pals surely unsure.gif

See, that is my nagging worry, what if he thinks we are close pals... but I'm still thinking of him as 'someone I met'. unsure.giflaugh.gif

Except surely if it were a close pals thing he'd have sent a personal email...?

laugh.gif at Lester's cancelled funerals...

Ah! . Perhaps you are a bigger friend than you think. A little while ago I bumped into the ex of an old pal, who commented on how good a friend I I had been in the past. Evidently I had played golf with him every tuesday and also gone on golfing weekends, and it was only to stop when he went astray.

Silly me, for some reason I thought I hadnt seen ***** for three years and was about to comment upon this. Sometimes its good to be a bit slow.

Can you check that this does not apply.

See, that is my nagging worry, what if he thinks we are close pals... but I'm still thinking of him as 'someone I met'. unsure.giflaugh.gif

Except surely if it were a close pals thing he'd have sent a personal email...?

laugh.gif at Lester's cancelled funerals...

To be honest if I were still in touch years after uni, bothering to send xmas cards and had stayed at your home I'd probably think we were pals / you saw us such. Maybe I'm just a miserable g*t but I probably wouldn't invite anyone who wasn't a friend to stay at my house or keep in touch for years if I'd not thought of them as a friend at some point - you never know what their interests might be laugh.gif

As for your cancelled funerals & mysetrious golfing exploits I reckon you're wasted on here you should get yourself on TV -with an "act" like Jack Dee laugh.gif

Personally, I think its rude to do that..

On my 40th, I got loads of pressies and some of me mates are skint and couple are minted.. the pressies that I recvd from both were just as special as each other as they made the effort..

I hate recving money or vouchers for any occassion as no thought has gone into it.. :rolleyes: