UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hall Of Memory Shame

reds

On Monday I was talking to a friend about how I'd forgotten another friends birthday even though I'd bought the card and reminded myself weeks in advance and even set up a reminder on the pc.

On Tuesday night (admittedly I was shattered) I could see the outline of a card on the windowsill and was wondering what on earth it was for because it wasn't an occasion day.

On Wednesday (today!) I was in the supermarket after work and as usual looked at the greetings cards and thought, 'nope don't need any, no-body's birthday'. I was also thinking how good it was that I didn't have any special spend occasions for the rest of Jan.

I come home on Wednesday and see my brother had dropped off a card and present for my Dad. I then realise what the card was for - it was his birthday on Tuesday (yesterday). Dash to the supermarket again and they didn't even have any birthday cakes left!

I have never forgotten their birthdays in my life - until today :ohmy: :( :( :( I'm ashamed.

Edited by reds

This year I forgot to send ANY Christmas cards. I was so wrapped up in making sure I gave my son a good 18th I never gave sending cards a thought. I did feel bad but now the event is over I don't feel I have to worry about it any more and if anyone mentions it then I will hold my hands up and say sorry, Don't worry about it. The older we get the more we are forgiven. xxxxx :flowers: :flowers: