UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Scotland Or Wales... Any Area Ideas.. Please

Cafferysmum

which very you choose, cn i come and visit you and gary when it snows please, we only get a few flakes in glowster :flowers:

you can jac :biggrin:

Ian, no factors, have own business so it can go wherever i go, and garys has his as well... dont care re towns or schools etc as long as i can go shopping once a month :biggrin:

We travelled home yesterday after spending Christmas in Edinburgh.

Our road, although an 'A' road, is single track. We crawled 4 miles through the snow which had fallen on top of the gritted road to our house. With great difficulty we opened the gates, but no way was the car going up the slightly sloping drive.

Hubby managed to dig enough snow out to get the car just off the road- couldn't leave it there as it is single track.

This morning he has spent four hours digging out enough snow and a layer of inch thick ice, to get the car in and the gates shut.

Still want snow?

It does look nice, though. We are surrounded by fields and hills and it looks very pretty.

We stocked up on food on the way home yesterday as nearest small village shop is 7 miles away

Yes :laugh: :laugh: youll never put me off snow... we used to live in hills and get snowed in winter, bliss x

It has been several years since there was as much snow here.

If you want isolation then the North of Scotland is ideal. There are always plots of land for sale, quite cheaply and many people 'build their own'.

There are ex croft houses that need done up as well as ruined ones to do up.

Have a look here for some examples

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/sale.php

Sutherland covers a large part of the north of Scotland with Caithness covering the rest.

The west coast tends to be a lot wetter and the midges thrive in both counties.

Now that's just downright devious, I think I know which house that is, and I certainly know the A7 road it's on, you don't want to live on the A7, trust me, yes there are view's, they've just omitted to mention there's a very wide and very busy road between you and the view.glare.gif

Now that's just downright devious, I think I know which house that is, and I certainly know the A7 road it's on, you don't want to live on the A7, trust me, yes there are view's, they've just omitted to mention there's a very wide and very busy road between you and the view.glare.gif

It says it is a 3 bedroom detached, but only lists 2 bedrooms

I love the North of Scotland but have an appaling reaction to midge bites, is the East Coast any better than the west?

SNAP!

The midgies are only around from the end of June to the end of September. You learn to keep covered and use the midge nets you wear over your head, if you have to be outside.

They don't come out in the sun or in the wind. As the eggs overwinter in the ground I am hoping our last two weeks of minus temperatures day and night - down to -11C some nights- will have killed them off.

The east coast is better than the west. Fort William/ Glencoe area is the worst.

Avon Skin So Soft works well,( it's used by the SAS) but needs to be reapplied regularly, like sun lotion.