UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Been For A Nice Walk Today

BillyMalc

Been for a really nice, long walk today (plm 10 miles) over the moors and through the woods round Lyme Park in Disley and thought I'd share some pics:

My little girl Kiera :wub:

lymepark12122009010.jpg

My little man Sparky :wub:

lymepark12122009008.jpg

"And now whatcha gonna do?"

After having cleared this massive puddle by either jumping over or going straight through, the guys were interested to see how their 'not-so-agile' yooman would negotiate the wet and the mud :biggrin:

lymepark12122009002.jpg

Gorgeous day out :)

lymepark12122009013.jpg

There are deer in the park, but I've never seen them this close and so not bothered by humans and dogs (on lead!) approaching them. The pictures don't do them justice, they were beautiful!

lymepark12122009019.jpg

After a big bowl of tasty curry the guys are now tucked up nicely for a nap, until it's time for 'bed time walkies' - might not be too long :tired:

Wow to the Stags, very rarely see them just the babies and ladies usually and definitely not that close!!!

When you said moor, my first thought was (was it not muddy?) :laugh:

One of the very best ways to spend a Saturday and don't Kiera and Sparks look a great contented pair :wub: :wub:

Really must meet up for a hill walk Billy (aka - you navigate, I follow)

Wow to the Stags, very rarely see them just the babies and ladies usually and definitely not that close!!!

When you said moor, my first thought was (was it not muddy?) :laugh:

One of the very best ways to spend a Saturday and don't Kiera and Sparks look a great contented pair :wub: :wub:

Really must meet up for a hill walk Billy (aka - you navigate, I follow)

As you can see it was a bit muddy in places, but we were at the top of a slope, so I guess the water had drained away. We definitely should meet up for a walk! I was thinking yesterday of going to the Goyt valley, but thought it might be too muddy, and then the guys would only have had the path to walk on (as it is they kept to the path while playing and ran spectacularly into the back of my knees :wacko: ). It's not gonna be this side of christmas that's for sure, but let's try and make it a new year's resolution to meet up! If you want to leave the navigation to me, bring plenty of extra food and clothes - we may be a while :rolleyes:

I was in Lyme Park yesterday as well with one of my oldies and my young foster terrier - wasn't it glorious with winter sun, lovely scenery stc.

How's that for a coincidence! We might even have passed eachother! It was absolutely gorgeous yesterday, but we kept to the outside of the park, round the back of the woods, and it was ever so nice and quiet - we had the place to ourselves most of the time :)

Edited by BillyMalc