UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Collars

reds

My dogs don't wear collars in the house ... I just think it must feel good not to have the collars on sometimes .... however my dogs can't get out of the garden and wouldn't try to anyway even if they could. They never ever get taken out without a collar though. :)

We always have collars on them and tags, esp with Badger with health issues.

We do have a 40ft garden that we had done specially for the dogs at the back, which has 6ft fences.. but we found out the hard way, when all was quiet in the back yard with 4 of the collies not their.. It was when the high winds had done damage and we had not seen the damage but the dogs clocked it and went out into the main garden, out of our side drive and round to the park had a good run round and by time we got the leads, they were all at the front door waiting to come in.. Luckily my neighbours know our dogs and said we knew they were yours straight away as everyone else has staffies around here and rang you but saw you hot on their heels.. no matter what we always check the garden after high winds as you never know what damage it can cause and this was after spending 2k on having it all done for the dogs.. :unsure:

Also ours are microchipped but i always worry in case chip has moved and they cant find it.. and i would dread to think of my lot in kennels fretting... :mecry:

Mine wears a collar in the day but, not at night. If we get a breakin I don't want the dog to be got hold of easily. If she gets out she is microchipped and tattoo'd.

Thats something I never thought of :unsure:

We always have collars on them and tags, esp with Badger with health issues.

We do have a 40ft garden that we had done specially for the dogs at the back, which has 6ft fences.. but we found out the hard way, when all was quiet in the back yard with 4 of the collies not their.. It was when the high winds had done damage and we had not seen the damage but the dogs clocked it and went out into the main garden, out of our side drive and round to the park had a good run round and by time we got the leads, they were all at the front door waiting to come in.. Luckily my neighbours know our dogs and said we knew they were yours straight away as everyone else has staffies around here and rang you but saw you hot on their heels.. no matter what we always check the garden after high winds as you never know what damage it can cause and this was after spending 2k on having it all done for the dogs.. :unsure:

Also ours are microchipped but i always worry in case chip has moved and they cant find it.. and i would dread to think of my lot in kennels fretting... :mecry:

Everytime I have to take my dogs to the vets, I get their chips scanned to make sure they haven't moved x x x