UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Just Wondering Why.....

Greygal

....some of the dogs in OC care on the website seem to have been waiting longer than you would expect. Both Pip and Dotty for example, sound to be lovely girls with no problems of any sort that might put off prospective new owners, yet they are still waiting when others on the site who sound to be more of a problem, find new homes surprisingly quickly. It often surprises me which dogs are snapped up and it isn't always the small, cute and cuddly types either but then dogs which sound as though they would fit into many situations are waiting for months. I suppose now we are getting so near the Christmas season, there will be few rehomings until the New Year arrives and people get their lives back to normal so here's hoping 2010 is a good year for OC dogs and those waiting longest find the perfect place to park their paws.

Surprisingly although its leading up to Christmas quite a few of our dogs are reserved so will hopefully be in their new homes be Christmas. Some dogs we know wont be with us long ad there is the demand for them. Others stay with us for ages and we cant understand why. They all get their forever homes in the end :wub:

It is strange the way some really gorgeous dogs 'stick' for a while, but then it often seems we have several enquiries for them at once. I think because our dogs are so spread out over the country location plays a big part - it's not only finding the right adopter but the right adopter in the right place.

Cassy is another example - sadly she was reserved but it has just fallen through. She's a lovely affectionate girl, good with dogs, cats and children - I really don't understand why she hasn't been snapped up!

(I'm going to say this veeeery quietly because I don't want to jinx anything, but we hope to have good news about both Pip and Dotty very soon......)

Just heard Dotty went home today :biggrin:

Well now isn't that just the best news! And maybe there will still be others moving into their new homes to enjoy a wonderful Christmas with new and loving families. It's always grand to hear of dogs being chosen, whether they are short stayers or 'stickers' but especially good I think, when they have waited a while for no obvious reason. May many more of those waiting, both OC dogs and others, be lucky enough to find the perfect homes very soon.

Thats the best news, best dotty,

It makes me really sad to see so many dogs in rescue centres at christmas, why do people kick the old dogs out and get new pups, so so upsetting.

mecry.gif wish i could take them all, maybe if win lotto can move to bigger house and have more dogsflowers.gif .

gillian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so pleased for Pip, I bet her foster family will miss her tho!!! P

My poor Ginny is still waiting, very little interest in her and she's such a lovely girl, funny little character and sooooo loving. All she wants is someone to snuggle up to. She would love to be in a family with lots of people around her - hopefully the new year will bring her a new home.