UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Training

Laura_E

Does anyone know of any good dog training schools in the Richmond/Twickenham/Kingston area? I'd also be happy to travel out of London to the Staines/Surrey area.

I made contact with a lady that runs one locally a few weeks ago, but she is very difficult to get hold of and NEVER returns any of my calls. I know that it must be very time consuming to run a business, but it doesn't exactly fill be with confidence when I am having to constantly chase her around, so I think it would be best to look at alternative options.

There are plenty of listings on the internet, but I really want to go with somebody that has been recommended. If anybody knows of any I would really appreciate some suggestions. Thanks flowers.gif

Hiya,

I'm helping out with Wagging Tails dog training classes which are in South Norwood. They only use positive reward based training methods and I would personally recommend them.

Only thing is dont' know if theyd be a bit far for you? - if not would be lovely to see you there and meet you and your dog. Their website is www.wtdt.co.uk - if you're interested best to give Vera (who runs the classes) a bell and have a chat.

Good luck.

M-C flowers.gif

Thanks. flowers.gif

I'm on the outskirts of South West London so South Norwood might be a bit too far as it's more South East. I am going with a lady that I work with as she is nervous about how people will respond when they see her dog. He is an absolutely gorgeous boy, but because he has a red nose people in her local area keep accusing her of owning a pitbull and won't allow their dogs to play with him. mecry.gif It has really knocked her confidence, so we have agreed to go together.

She will be driving us there so I will see if she is happy to go that far.

Thanks flowers.gif

Have you used them yourself?

Yes a few years ago when I lived in the area.

They are member of apdt. I believe the head trainer is an assessor for apdt in that area also. Pro clicker training, friendly and supportive. I would have no hesitation of going back to their classes if I was to live in the area again.