UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help Please

khanu

My sister is due to give birth to her first child very soon.

I've made a couple of quilts for the baby and think I'm fairly sorted on that front. My sister's birthday is shortly before Christmas and I thought it would be nice to get something for her only rather than something to do with the baby. I was thinking along the lines of pampering type stuff but I know there would be little point in buying a facial/massage etc as she just won't get the chance to use it.

So if you had recently given birth what would you like? - and no before anyone suggests it I'm not offering my services as a babysitter.

what about making her up a hamper with bath bombs, relaxing bath oils, a new dressing gown (handy for throwing on in the night) and some slippers etc :) i am sure she would be pleased as you have made it up yourself and thought about what she might need

Ear plugs? :unsure: :laugh:

Seriously though, although my first thought was baby related things if you want something just for her then I would have thought anything that she's always enjoyed but maybe been unable to do / afford / whatever during / after pregnancy could be nice - though personally I prefer gifts that last where possible, such as jewellery.

Maybe, if you don't want to babysit yourself you could find another willing volunteer & pay for them to have a night out together or something?

Thank you :flowers:

I think I'll do a hamper with many little things.

The baby is due only a couple of weeks before her birthday so I'm not entirely sure she'll be up for going out anyway. Plus I live a fair distance from them so babysitting is not quite as simple as it otherwise would be, never mind the fact I don't have a clue about babies having never been around any.

Still weird to think my little sister is going to be a Mum....