UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

News

sparkle

Hello lovely Fugees :wavey:

I've not been around for a while on-line anywhere recently so I thought I would give you all a quick news update - no replies needed just didn't want you all to think I've forgotten you!!

First of all Jack is - as ever! - a superstar :wub: and I will never be able to thank S&P enough for letting me adopt him - or Paul for putting up with me badgering him constantly at a Christmas Fair 4 years ago this November to let me have him!! He has been having a couple of issues with the cutting of paws (the Libby in him makes him chase rabbits/hares/monkjack deer through all sorts of terraine) and it seems that every other week he has managed to give me a heart attack by coming back on three legs dripping blood but after a day or so of being lifted onto and off the sofa, carried up stairs and being having treats/dinner bought to him he appears to recover well enough! Nothing that has needed stiches and TBH I have never ever found the original source of the blood as the cuts are so small but I do wish he would stop it! Other than that he has been fantastic with sheep (off lead through the same fields and not even a glance in their direction) and around the house and seems a lot calmer and more relaxed than this time last year ... although that could have to do with other news!

Sparks is utterly gorgeous and having a kitten phase at the moment (she is now almost 5!) which involves waking me up at 5 most mornings by jumping on my head :laugh: :wub: and a lot of shouting for attention/games/to stop her 'little' brother sitting on her after she has been attacking him for the last five minutes as it is the only way he can get her to stop beating him up!!

So all in all the furry four legged babies are doing brilliantly

I am signing contracts on Wed to begin the exchange on my house purchase, its been a bit of a faff as the Redrow solicitors weren't particularly organised (my solicitor has given up and redrawn the plans himself bless him ) but it seems as if it will all finally go through and I can then get it sorted and begin the process of letting it out ... why am I letting it out I hear you ask? Because my lovely fantastic boyfriend Simon has asked me to move with him and I will be joining him in January - together with the furry ones of course! Before my lovely friends on here worry, more long term plans have been discussed and I think (judging from what has been said) that I will have more news sometime between now and Easter ;) I think that Simon and how happy and relaxed I am now has been the reason why Jack is happier and more relaxed in himself, he adores Simon (and vica versa it must be said!) so all in all we are a very happy little family

Of course all of this means that I will be leaving my job and starting the hunt down there in the new year ... I am checking with my firm as to the possibility of transferring to the London office, but it depends what they would be paying me as it would cost me about £3,500 to commute a year and on top of that I would have to pay god knows what for a dog walker 5 days a week ... walking Jack at lunch time is the highlight of the working day so I really have got my fingers crossed that they won't pay me enough so I can get a local job and carry on as normal but we will see!

So I think that is it - for now at least! - but I will do my best to keep in contact :)

Much love and hugs to all

EllieSparkle xx