UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Volunteer To Design A Website For

ru6y

I've created a couple of websites so far, but looking to advance my skills and portfolio. Potentially I'd like to include a content management system (ie so the client can make their own changes to the text and images). I'm happy to create a site for free as long as it's for a worthy cause - e.g. related to dog/animal rescue or similar. There isn't a catch - simply that I'd rather design a website for someone than make one up to expand my skills. 

Thanks, 

Ruby

Hi,

Just to introduce myself properly. I have two labradors, by eldest is ex-rescue and came to us at 1yr old. He clearly had a hard life before he came to us, and last year due to severe elbow dysplacia and a failed operation became 3 legged - but still he is the happiest and most loving dog in the world. My other lab is a 5mth puppy who is terribly cute and adorable too. They are both getting closer with each day, and have a lot of fun together. Thats' us :)

Ruby

pups6sm.jpg

Hi Ruby

I'm sure you will get lots of options.

I don' t know if this might be one: something I've been planning to do for Oldies Club for ages (but haven't had time for) is a campaigning microsite to encourage people to get their old dogs vet checked and treated.

We see so many old dogs that come in with various problems that should really have been picked up and treated ages ago - ears, teeth, nails, skin, overweight, etc - and the owners often assume that they are 'normal old age', even in dogs that are not actually that old at all.

So the idea is to explain that, few vet articles, some sad photos, info on appropriate weights, advice on how to keep teeth and ears in order, all that sort of thing. Then we'd push it as an information/education resource.

I've got a few people signed up to provide content, and can host and provide a domain, but then stalled for lack of time. It might make quite a nice portfolio item for you if you were interested? Ideally I'd be looking at Wordpress as a CMS, as that's what we use for the main website so it would be familiar to our web team (all volunteers). It would probably involve some pulling together of content as well as straight design, so be warned!

If interested, give me a shout. Would be interested to see what you've done so far.

Edited by cycas

• 3 weeks later...