UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed For Two 12 Year Old Dogs

Lady and Jerrylee are in a very urgent situation.

Their owner is in poor health and is in and out of hospital. The dogs are kept outside in the garden with an outbuilding for shelter during the day. When their owner is home they sleep indoors, but when he is in hospital they are living outside all the time with someone calling in once a day to give them food and water. :mecry:

Lady is a medium sized spayed female crossbreed, Jerrylee is an entire male large crossbreed. Neither are vaccinated. They needn't stay together, but it would be awful to leave one of them alone in their current situation.

The dogs are described as friendly and lively, but have been fairly isolated and have had no real contact with other dogs, cats or children.

Oldies Club don't have a suitable foster home for them - is there another rescue who could help them, or anyone who could foster them for Oldies Club?

They are in Crewe, but we could arrange transport.

It's going to be very difficult to assess them where they are, and we can't get much information about them from their owner :(

We're looking at options including trying to get them into kennels temporarily - although we don't normally use kennels it would be better than their current situation, and would get them somewhere safe where they could be assessed with other dogs etc. Unfortunately as they aren't vaccinated it would have to be a kennels with isolation facilities.

If I didn't have Tess and the cats I would take them in an instant, but the house is too small to keep them all apart if they don't get on. When Sadie was here the cats were confined to my bedroom as I think she wanted to eat them for dinner, so they decided to rebel against their imprisonment and stage a dirty protest! laugh.gif

I will ask around if you like to see if anyone may be able to offer them a foster space? I know that new homes would need to be checked first, but it might be worth a try.

Doris Banham have kennels in Crewe so they might be able to help out? I think the kennels are privately owned but they pay to house a lot of their dogs there. I also think the lady that owns the kennels is a dog behaviour expert, so would be able to do a good assessment.

Sorry to go on, I'm sure that you know all this already!

These two are now safely in kennels near Milton Keynes. They seem to be very waggy friendly dogs and in reasonable health though both very overweight. We'll be assessing them with other dogs and cats, and hope to move them into foster homes as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...