UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Am I To Get Myself Motivated

Anne Grose

This year has been bloody tough. I lost my father at the end of May and the next day my mum had a stroke. Poor Barty has struggled with his bulging disc and we can't sell our house that has been on the market for a year (and we need to so that my husband can retire).

I am at that certain age (!!!!!) - well 52 to be precise and having been so good at maintaining my ideal weight for the last 10 years - 9st 4lbs - I have put on a stone in the last 4 months through comfort eating. It isn't doing me any good - I have a form of inflammatory arthritis and extra weight really doesn't help - but for the life of me I can't get motivated to diet.

I need some tips - advice - kick up the backside - whatever !!! to get me in the right frame of mind to stop EATING. And drinking - cos that's not helping.

Come on guys - help me

Anne

First of all have a hug for having had a rough time this year. :GroupHug: I can't offer any advice because I'm in a similar siuation having had some family bereavements and a fair amount of stress this year and I've eaten my way through it. I've also been half-heartedly trying to lose weight but failing so I'd love to have some advice and motivation.

My son is getting married in February and it's an "all bells and whistles" do but I'm still not motivated. :(

Well I thought I'd never lose weight but have so far managed just under 5 Stones since January. I'm doing weightwatchers and it's really teaching me and my family good habits, I wish we'd all done it years ago! There are some good ideas for filling foods and I'm an almost constant Carrot/Mushroom muncher and Rice cake eater now. With Autumn firmly upon us - I'm going to make up a few batches of vegetable soups, which are good hot filler foods. My daughter has developed the habit of cooking half a bag of frozen veg when she gets back from school and eats them with some low fat salad cream/tomato sauce - she even eats Sprouts now!

I ope that you find a buyer for your house soon and can look forward to Spring 2010 in a new home with more time together and a fitter you to enjoy the new start!

I'm ashamed to say that I am 4 st. overweight and have returned to Weightwatchers and have really started to think about when and why I eat. You have had a horrible year and 3 years ago I was in a similar position, unable to sell my house which meant I couldn't move down to Derbyshire to be near the grandchildren when I retired. I had also lost my mother who lived with me and had Alzeimers for the last 6 years of her life.

I'm now here in Derbyshire, look after the grandchildren 2 days weekly, have a new part time job and a falling down terrace which is a work in progress. I'm now ready to tackle me in preparation for 2 new knees!

Things can change, good luck with the diet - for me it's about planning ahead. I also cheat occasionally with pointed WW foods which are now much nicer than when I did it several years ago! Thankfully my dogs are old and like to amble as I couldn't keep up with a young speedfreak!

Soup is an absolute blessing for hungry moments - hot or cold.

I'm ashamed to say that I am 4 st. overweight and have returned to Weightwatchers and have really started to think about when and why I eat. You have had a horrible year and 3 years ago I was in a similar position, unable to sell my house which meant I couldn't move down to Derbyshire to be near the grandchildren when I retired. I had also lost my mother who lived with me and had Alzeimers for the last 6 years of her life.

I'm now here in Derbyshire, look after the grandchildren 2 days weekly, have a new part time job and a falling down terrace which is a work in progress. I'm now ready to tackle me in preparation for 2 new knees!

Things can change, good luck with the diet - for me it's about planning ahead. I also cheat occasionally with pointed WW foods which are now much nicer than when I did it several years ago! Thankfully my dogs are old and like to amble as I couldn't keep up with a young speedfreak!

Soup is an absolute blessing for hungry moments - hot or cold.

I, too, am in Derbyshire - whereabouts are you - perhaps we could meet at the same WW meeting. I think I need a buddy to do this with!!

I'd happily do a sponsored diet with someone, i have done slimming world before, last year i lost nearly 2 stone following their plan but have put it all back on and more but this weekend i got the perfect incentive - i won a raffle prize at a dog rescue show - a gliding lesson - only problem is at the moment i'm too heavy! So who's up for a sponsored diet?

Sorry - been out of the loop for a couple of days entertaining my mum. Sponsored diet it is - will have to split between Oldies and Lurcher Link as they too are desparate for funds as well.

I will post another message in Chat and see how many of us we can get together. Ooooh I feel quite excited about dieting nowtongue.gif tongue.gif

Hello Anne, Sorry didn't reply sooner but work been a bit hectic and had some extra grandma duties as well!

I live in New Mills and currently go to the Tuesday am class, however, sometimes if I get extra work on a Tuesday I go to whichever class is most convenient - I try not to miss being weighed as the ritual humiliation is a motivating factor for me!

A sponsored slim sounds an excellent idea - awaiting news!

Sally