UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sponsor Me Please For Oldies Club

Lydford

I am running the Lichfield 10k on 6th September 2009 as a personal challenge and to raise funds for Oldies Club if you feel you could sponsor me to help raise as much as possible for Oldies Club that would be fab...even just £1 would make a difference.

You can find out more about my running, including how much I need your help to encourage me along... (I have never run 10k in my life!! :crying_anim02: ) and to sponsor me, by visiting my fundraising page at https://www.help.co.uk/fundraisers/KateLee

:bigloveglass:

An unashamed bump for Oldies Club and me!!!

I was out this morning doing my second 4 mile run....the last mile involved a run up a very steep hill..halfway up I felt very sick and wobbly, and it was very tempting to give up ..and (this is true!) I looked up to the top of the hill and saw Ginty an Oldies dog who had been adopted near to me (I did the home visit) being walked..and I thought 'Yes that is the reason I am doing this, so that dogs like Ginty can find their forever home'....I dug in and managed to comlpete the run. :biggrin:

Please support me if you can :flowers: xxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh not sure about my photo :unsure: although Spike looks good :biggrin:

Am up to 5 miles now and just a week to go. :ohmy:

Thanks so much to all who have sponsored me so far...£178 at last count...can anyone help me to make it to £200 before next Sunday the 6th? :flowers:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it :cheer: :cheer: My legs are killing me :spudniknurse:

My time was 1hour 11mins...not a world record but I did run all the way...and don't I know it. :stun: :stun:

Have attached some photos of me during and after, with my friends 'Oldie', Rosie 12yrs. Oldies Club got a mention as I crossed the finish line.

Thank you to every body that has sponsored me and offered support along the way...£214 raised for Oldies Club...so well done everyone! :liebe94:

10k2.jpg

At 6k...oooh the pain!

10k3.jpg

At 8k..as you can see I was sooo fast I was just a blur!

10k.jpg

Hooray..its all over and I have the t-shirt to prove it !!