UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Die In Hot Cars

K9Fran

Since the start of the summer I have found 3 dogs in cars - the first two in Asda carpark and alerted their customer services and asked for the owners to come forward - then waited b the car until they came - which they did pretty quickley but the third was in tesco's. Two young lad had informed customer services and I heard the announcement over the tannoy at 2.35 that a dog was in distress in a car - and then again at 2.45. I asked customer services to show me where the car was and waited. The large doberman was panting dreadfully stuck in the back of a fiesta!! I dialled 999 and told them that I was about to break the car window - and was informed that I would be breaking the law - so I said ok send a squad car and Ill deal with it then. THe operator just kept asking me for my name and address and not to break the glass.

I told him I would give the owner 1 more minute as to my knowledge this dog had now been in the car for over half an hour and it was baking.

An old woman - 70 if a day - covered in wrinkly tattoo's pulled her laden trolley up to the car and asked me what I was doing - I told her that I was going to break in to get the dog out and she told me to mind my own business. I asked her to open the car and give the dog a drink - which I offered her and she started swearing at me that I was a no good busybody. She said I have only been gone a few minutes - I said more like 45 at least - she was very rude. I told her that I had called the police and that I would report her to the RSPCA as I had her car reg - didnt know if this would work but I was so angry.

She then filled the car up with her shopping squeezing the dog into the front seat and drove off!! I waited for the police and was told in no uncertain terms that had I broken the window I would have been arrested!!! I asked them to put it on record that I wouldnt hesitate to smash a window etc., and walked away.

None of my family ever want to come shopping with me.

Well done you - I would come shopping with you.

Leave dogs

Since the start of the summer I have found 3 dogs in cars - the first two in Asda carpark and alerted their customer services and asked for the owners to come forward - then waited b the car until they came - which they did pretty quickley but the third was in tesco's. Two young lad had informed customer services and I heard the announcement over the tannoy at 2.35 that a dog was in distress in a car - and then again at 2.45. I asked customer services to show me where the car was and waited. The large doberman was panting dreadfully stuck in the back of a fiesta!! I dialled 999 and told them that I was about to break the car window - and was informed that I would be breaking the law - so I said ok send a squad car and Ill deal with it then. THe operator just kept asking me for my name and address and not to break the glass.

I told him I would give the owner 1 more minute as to my knowledge this dog had now been in the car for over half an hour and it was baking.

An old woman - 70 if a day - covered in wrinkly tattoo's pulled her laden trolley up to the car and asked me what I was doing - I told her that I was going to break in to get the dog out and she told me to mind my own business. I asked her to open the car and give the dog a drink - which I offered her and she started swearing at me that I was a no good busybody. She said I have only been gone a few minutes - I said more like 45 at least - she was very rude. I told her that I had called the police and that I would report her to the RSPCA as I had her car reg - didnt know if this would work but I was so angry.

She then filled the car up with her shopping squeezing the dog into the front seat and drove off!! I waited for the police and was told in no uncertain terms that had I broken the window I would have been arrested!!! I asked them to put it on record that I wouldnt hesitate to smash a window etc., and walked away.

Well done you - I would come shopping with you.

Leave dogs at

Well done you.

I would come shopping with you.