UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reggie 7 Year Old Gsd Boy - Chester Area

cackie

One of the chaps I get the racing greyhounds from phoned me the other day and asked if I could find a home for a 7 year old GSD boy. His name is Reggie and he was one of a pair of GSDs that were guard dogs (I use this term very loosely as he has a lovely gentle nature and is a rubbish guard dog :rolleyes:). A few weeks ago the older bitch Reggie was with had to be pts due to arthritis and old age and poor Reggie is fretting himself away :( I have been asked to find him a loving home as they really don't want to have Reggie pts as he is a lovely boy but at the moment he is very miserable.

On first meeting Reggie he bounded out of his enclosure and instantly wanted cuddles even though he had never met me, he would come back to me instantly if I called his name and didn't have a problem being handled or touched. There doesn't appear to be any aggression and he happily trots around the breakers yard and greets people as they come in :rolleyes:

Reggie enjoyed the company of the older bitch and could probably live with another dog but he has not been assessed with cats. His owners will have him vaccs and neutered if a home can be found for him.

So come on who can help poor Reggie by offering him a foster or permanent home? Don't be put off by his age, this boy has energy and considering he has always lived outside he appears to be very agile and fit with no signs of stiffness. He will make someone a very loyal and loving companion :)

I will add some photos shortly but Photobucket is closed for maintenance.

Reggie looks gorgeous. It's just possible he's the dog for us - we lost a very old Springer recently and we'd like to get another sometime soon. This dog would have to live part time with my daughter and part time with me.

We have a very bossy collie bitch, and my daughter's lodger has a very friendly, not so bossy collie bitch so obviously we'd have to try them together before we could say anything definite. And we also have several cats - is there any way he could be tested with cats to see how he reacts?

Diane

Reggie looks gorgeous. It's just possible he's the dog for us - we lost a very old Springer recently and we'd like to get another sometime soon. This dog would have to live part time with my daughter and part time with me.

We have a very bossy collie bitch, and my daughter's lodger has a very friendly, not so bossy collie bitch so obviously we'd have to try them together before we could say anything definite. And we also have several cats - is there any way he could be tested with cats to see how he reacts?

Diane

Hi Diane, I've no idea what he is like with cats but my guess is he has never really come across any as he has always lived at the breakers yard. I will arrange to go and see him this week and see if I can take him for a walk to meet some cats :wink: Where abouts are you?

Hi Diane, I've no idea what he is like with cats but my guess is he has never really come across any as he has always lived at the breakers yard. I will arrange to go and see him this week and see if I can take him for a walk to meet some cats :wink: Where abouts are you?

I'm in Derbyshire.

• 2 weeks later...