UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Think Of My Sister In Law Kathy

bonniebird

Kathy is home :) she came home today. She has had a lot of pain and said that if she'd known how painfull it was, she wouldn't have had it done. The morphine was making her very sick, so she had to stop taking that, and until she ate something, she couldn't have any pain killers. She had her muscle cut from her back below her shoulder blade and they stretched it round and made her new breast. She couldn't lay on her left side, or her back or front and she had a drip in her foot because her veins in her arms collapsed from the chemo. Sod all that :( then to top it all, she was allergic to the plasters on her back, so she now has what looks like very bad carpet burn scabs all over her back!

When they took her last (of 3) drains out today and pulled the plaster off her back, she saw the blood on the nurses gloves and fainted! Bless her, and not one moan or complaint. She will have to go back in to have her new breast pumped up for a night and then a nipple tattooed on and hopefully, God willing, it will all be done.

Thanks one and all x x x

Blimey that's a lot to go through and put up with but I bet once it's all over she'll be pleased. Hope she recovers quickly from all this now but gets plenty of rest in the meantime. She'll be so pleased to be home. That's such a relief although she may be feeling a bit vulnerable and fragile. Thinking of her. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: For Kathy.

She is a very brave lady and my thoughts are with her.

While I was in the plastic surgery unit a few years ago, one of the patients had breast reconstruction surgery. She said how painful it was, but worth it. She was so proud of her new boobs, she insisted on everyone having a look! I admit I was mightily impressed, they looked fantastic.

Well done Kathy, :flowers: