UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trish'S Tiny Trudge, Update - The Route - Saturday 22 August 2009

trishandben

My OH kindly dropped us at Pill and we left at 7.45 am:

walk1.jpg

we made our way through Bristol:

walk2.jpg

At this point my well worn walking boots decided they could not be bothered with this walk so made my feet as uncomfortable as possible (think it may have been the fault of my new expensive walking socks)so I had to do the rest of my walk wearing my Crocs! :ohmy:

had luch at Hanham lock half an hour ahead of schedule

walk5.jpg

Trish did a marvellous job of accosting people en route.

Things went slightly pearshaped and put us behind schedule when we found a 'body' in a park in Bath - he seemed to be completely comatose, we could not rouse him so Trish dialled 999 - I then had to run up and down the park trying to get the ambulance drivers attention as they tore up and down the road (not what you want after walking over 20 miles). Upon the arrival of the crew on the scene the body miraculously came to life, tried to grab the paramedics bag and wobbled off precariously. They had been called to the same smackhead only 1/2 hour previously! :angry:

We had a lovely walk along the canal bank through Bath and Trish's friend Glenna kindly bought us a drink and contributed to the collection at the George in Batheaston. Several people in the pub garden took pity on us and popped some coins in our tin (one offered me a lift to the finish on the handlebars of his bike).

8.45pm we finished the walk at Dundas aquaduct and met up with a couple of Trish's friends who gave us a lift home

walk7.jpg

I am hobbling around today on account of a couple of lovely blisters on one foot due to a couple of little lumps of gravel getting in to my croc, but no other aches and pains

Thanks for putting the pictures on Elaine. We were so lucky with the weather. We were all tired by the end of the day, even Kelsey (and as I was off house sitting that night, she had no energy left to play with the excited labrador,jumpy.gif confused02.png )

It was a great walk (except crackhead, really did not need that after 20 miles, cussing.gif ) and people were very generous. £80 has now been raised. dwet.gif comic19.gif wave4.gif