UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ie7 Users

Pingu

Blue & White seem to work for me, but the original IP Board one leaves me loads of scrolling at the end of mod & admin postswacko.gif and yes I have cleared everything out and still doesn't make the original skin work, just means I have loads of username and passowrd to try and rememberrolleyes.gif

Just testing in IE7 wink.gif

so, can post, can edit...

... can view gallery and do smilies...

.. my html sig does not break the layout.

However, in this thread : http://www.therefuge...=0entry856499 redditchlady's post DOES break the stylesheet and I can see the mysterious reams of whitespace. Can't see why though...

Can insert photo via full editor:

thumb_whitsand20081.jpg

ooh, weird - strikethrough button on fast reply WYSIWYG editor went weird and wide. How odd. Wrong dimensions set?

Edited by cycas

Ah, now this is interesting, in this thread my html sig displays correctly , but in this one it does the weird wide thing. http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=46688&pid=856501&st=45&&do=findComment&comment=856501

What happens if I post a followup? No, still, this thread is behaving itself. So it can't be any code that is actually embedded in the sig, it must be something that comes after the sig in that particular thread. Or could it be that my post in the other thread was an image sig posted with Firefox?

Edited by cycas

Posting a followup via Firefox to see if it sends IE7 mad.

Nope, it didn't. How odd. I wonder what is so special about that post I did on the OC events thread: that's the only one of my posts that I can find that shows the big white space afterwards problem.

Just posted in Firefox, edited in ie7. All works. Can't get it to hang either, though it is certainly slower in IE than it is in FF or Chrome.

Edited by cycas

ooo, just switched to the default IPboard skin - it's very very slow in IE7 and huge stretches of whitespace everywhere, including after sigs that are not html or images. How odd. even typing in the reply box it keeps hanging. How very broken is that. Did they really not test this?