UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If You Are Using Internet Explorer 6

Pingu

or know anyone who does

then it will not work properly with the new version of the refuge.

there are 3 options

Upgrade the version of IE that is being used (which tbh is something you should do anyhow as 6 is riddled with holes)

download a different browser such as firefox or chrome

use the lofi skin - whilst this is designed for use by mobile devices it will work with IE6 - just wont be anywhere near as pretty or functional

there is meant to be an IE6 friendly skin comming out but at the moment there is nothing I can do

having said this I am reading some stuff about addng a user agent detection script that will switch IE6 users to another skin.

the first thing to try is to clear out your cache as even though its not supported by the new software (and to be fair IE6 is nearly 9 years old now and way out of date) its meant to work "just wont look as pretty"

Sorry to post here. Having real trouble reading and replying to posts, have to scroll all the way down the screen with just blankness showing. One of the boxes said something like "hiding posts below points, change threshold?"

I'm on AOL.

I've now updated to IE8 and everything so far seem to be working nicely.

Pingu can you ignore my "I need help" email I sent you yesterday afternoonflowers.gif

Rocky

lol i havnt even dared to open my email yet today... :)

If it's any help I was having the scrolling down problem and have just been playing with the skins, changed to blue and the problem has gone biggrin.gif

I use IE 7 can't upgrade to IE 8 at the moment and some sites I use don;t support it yet

I am really struggling too. Huge gaps. Locking up.... I'm on AOL & am too dim to work out which version of Internet Explorer :(

It will be very sad if people who are non-techy & don't have the most current software can't use this forum any more & it does seem to have gone pretty quiet

Poor Michelle is desperate for a homecheck volunteer & I could have suggested someone before now had I not been struggling with access

Maybe I am just sad?