UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Is This On My Dog!

tegk68

wart.jpg

OK this is the score. I've had Cassie over 4 months now and don't therefore have much knowledge of her prior health. She came to me with this huuuuuuge wart thing (not one of her best features!). It's not attached in that you can wiggle it around, so to speak and it stands proud like a little hillock in a mound of grass! You can visibly see the holes where the hair should come out but there is no hair on it :wacko: . It's about the size of a 10 to 50p piece.

Anyways, I took her to the vet for a check over 3 or so months ago and pointed out this beauty. The vet said it was a warty thing :wacko: and not to worry about it. However he did say if it grew (which I don't think it has) or bled then I should take her back.

As can be seen by the poor quality photo, it is bleeding! This is the second time in as much as a week that it has done this. I first gave it the benefit of the doubt thinking she may have caught it on something but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't take her straight to the vets since this is the second time.

She doesn't itch it and seems very well in herself. So can anyone suggest what it might be and whether she should have it off and sent away for analysis etc?

Thanks so much

Helen :flowers:

I would take her back to the vet. It may simply have bled because it gets caught against things, but better removed. One of my dogs had a similar thing and it was removed. The results were "inconclusive" but there was no further trouble.

Don't worry too much - my dear old boy, long since gone over the Bridge, but not due to any warty things, had something similar on the side of his face - it would bleed when he scratched it and the vet removed it with no problems following its removal.

Best get it sorted ;)

OOo yes. Went to the vets and he thought that it was OK. He could see (for some reason better than me), that it had been scratched - hence the blood. So isn't haemorraging (sp)! However he did say if she does keep catching it then it might be better off and if they do they could send it away to be analysed if I want. So have to keep my beady eye on her, which I'm doing. Of course now it hasn't bled once since we've been.

Rather feel like the 'balls in my court' which wasn't the purpose of the vet appointment, well not at least in my book lol! I am thinking that if it happens again, I'll take her in and get it removed. It's a GA job so not nice for her but she's a little trooper so I'm sure she'll be OK :flowers: Thanks for asking :)