UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Reunited: Lost Cocker Spaniel, Possibly Stolen (threads Merged)

goldendawn

Copper, 2 year old female cocker spaniel, much loved family pet. Dihewyd, Near Lampeter. west wales. Went missing on Sat 27th June - substantial reward.

Clare/glen 10570 470477

I have put this on other websites but everything is worth a try. On the Saturday morning Copper tried to follow Glen to work and he took her back but we think she tried to do it again. A lady did ring and said she had taken the dog to the local 'animal sanctuary' Not that I would call it that as the Charity Commission are investigating them for loads of issues including breeding. Anyway, that being by-the-by, The lady who rang was very sketchy, left no other details of herslef and it was a withheld number. She said she left the dog with people waiting for the animals sanctuary to open, although it has now dissappeared. The police have been informed and have questioned the animal sanctuary to no avail.

Posters have been put up all over. Also pleas for the original caller to get in touch. There are articles going into local papers as well. Obviously pounds have been contacted but nothing has turned up as yet.

Any help in the area would be so much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by ReikiAnge
Title amended

I've just spoken with goldendawn and she has done a first-class publicity drive, with posters, local radio appeals, articles in newspapers and everything you can think of. Paws crossed for a result asap.

It was Copper's owner Clare I spoke to, not goldendawn who I didn't recognised but have been in touch with from time to time over various animal related matters.

If either the woman who phoned was telling a false story, or she was truthful and the dog did get into the sanctuary, Copper could be sold out of the area by now so eyes peeled everywhere please folks.

The lost, possibly stolen cocker spaniel near lampeter has been found safe and well in Aberystwyth. Some lovely people rang the owner after seeing the piece in the Cambrian News today. They were upset, but wouldn't even take the reward. The woman who originally found the dog on the road told them that she had found it tied to a lamppost or some such story so they thought it had been abandoned. They are going to rescue another now. What lovely people.!!