UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spider Bite?

Tisaann

On the 1st july I was in the garden very early in the morning letting Rosie out for a wee. From there I went into the bathroom and leant over the bath to wash my hair and from that position I was able to see a small mark on the side of my calf. I didn't take too much notice other than note it was there and that it was mildly painful. The next day the small lump had developed into a blister and the surrounding area had a red rash the size of a fist and this was very hot to the touch and the skin was very tight when kneeling down. The next day the blister burst then formed a crust with blisters still surrounding it. I picked the crust off and more liquid came out then formed another scab. The red rash was still there, still large and still hot to the touch. Today I still have a lump that is surrounded by a blister and the area is covered by a very large looking bruise that is very tender to the touch but is no longer hot.

Has anyone come across/had a bite like this?

Details here of the symptoms of various UK spider bites, a couple of them do mention blistering, might be worth having a look through and seeing if any match yours?

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/life/in...ites/index.html

Ummmm maybe you should go get it looked at ... http://www.healthy-skincare.com/spider-bite-symptoms.html this sounds a bit like what you are describing and seems to suggest you might need some steroids and anti biotics.

Details here of the symptoms of various UK spider bites, a couple of them do mention blistering, might be worth having a look through and seeing if any match yours?

OMG - UK spiders bite?!?!?! I have a horror of spiders and now I know that some of them bite ......YUK, AARGH....and what was that ad on the Natural History site re ethical ways to catch spiders??? :unsure:

If they're in my house they have an appointment with a rolled up newspaper.

Hope you're leg gets better soon, Tisaann

Blimey, thanks snow. I think I got off lightly reading the health bit. I could take a photo Lainey but apart from a lump with a hole in it and a very large patch of bruising thats all there is to see now. Tonight it started itching so I wonder if it's now on the mend which I'm sure it must be.

So just a bit of a warning to everyone now to be on your guard.

Incidentally, a few weeks back I was bitten alive by mozzies so started taking garlic tablets and spraying my ankles with repellent which works against them but not spiders it seems :laugh: :laugh:

when I had my stables i left my jumper hanging over the fence and when I put it back on I felt a sharp pain. I looked at my shoulder and there was a spider sitting on it so I flicked it off but it had bitten me. I had a raised and sore red lump and had to go to hospital for observation but luckily it didnt get any worse. We had just had a delivery of carrots and the doc was worried that a foreign spider might have been in there. Apparantly there are English spiders that can bite too! x