UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can You Recommend Books For Me To Take To Sri Lanka Please

Completely unrelated to any of the genre you've said you like but Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy are absolutely fantastic - Northern Lights is the first one.

Agree.

Asda often have books for £1.00 too - I'll go through those and select ones that I think won't bore/annoy me :wink:

No doubt you are already using Green Metropolis ......... ? (You're much better at things like this than me).

Currently reading and much enjoying (I know 'cause I keep posting about it!) "Round Ireland with a Fridge" by Tony Hawks - who has also written (and I have read and enjoyed) "Playing the Moldovans at Tennis" (think that's what it is called).

Karen Pryor's new book - Reaching the Animal Mind. - Some chapters are truly mind blowing. You know when you read a book or meet someone, or something happens that you just know that it's going to change your life - well that's how I felt reading this book. I've got ideas galore...

No doubt you are already using Green Metropolis ......... ? (You're much better at things like this than me).

Couple of rescues have set up their own "shops" there - not sure how it works/how to set it up but they do get funds from the sale of books.

can i recommend The Historian-Elizabeth Kostova-fantastic absorbing read...

or a classic? i recently re read Dracula-what a page turner!

War & peace-again, you really want to know whats going on-and the burning of Moscow is a power house of reading.

on a lighter note-have you tried jim Butcher or Charlaine Harris.

as you like cats-try the early cat Who..... books very funny or MC beaton-the Agatha raisin seris is one to make you snort out loud...or Paul Magrs (if you have ever been to Whitby-read these-very funny and you will want to fins out the results!

fee