UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Jem

heva

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a little scare yesterday morning................Jem was sick :wacko:

He was rushed off to the vets and kept in overnight just so that they could keep an eye on him but he's absolutely fine and is back with us today..........the little bugger :wub:

he is going back to the vets tomorrow for his check up so fingers crossed he has put some weight on :)

Ok, good news and bad news on the Jem front. I'll start with the bad news!

Unfortunately when Jem visited the vet again this morning he has lost weight :(

The vet feels that not only does he need feeding at least every hour, he also needs a reason to live :mecry:

So......................he's come home with me for some extra special TLC

Jem is currently asleep in his bed in the hall snuggled up to a little teddy dalmation that Cameron has given him, after the vet saying he needs a reason to live i had no choice but to bring him home with me. He is having chappie little and often so hopefully when he goes for his check up on monday he will have put a little weight on. He has been getting lots of cuddles and the naughty boy barks when he wants attention and here's the best bit, he is wagging his tail!!!!

I will get some pictures of him when he has settled in :wink:

He has been getting lots of cuddles and the naughty boy barks when he wants attention and here's the best bit, he is wagging his tail!!!!

^^^^^^ made me :mecry:

thank you for caring so much for Jem...................sending lots of love and cuddles, hope he feels them :GroupHug:

It is with deep regret and great sadness that we have to announce the very sudden and unexpected death of Jem. He started to become ill in the earlier part of the evening last night, his breathing became heavy and he looked swollen around his rib cage and tummy. I rushed him to the emergency vets but unfortunately he lost his fight for life before he got there and he died in my arms in the car park at the vets. The vet said that he died due to a gastric torsion and that nobody could have done anything for him. All this happened in the space of less than an hour and we are all absolutely devastated that after trying so hard for him we lost him so quickly. We would like to thank everybody for all their help and support with Jem. Our only consolation at the moment is that at least he knew love and comfort towards the end. We are so sorry.