UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Registered/muzzled Dogs

kola

On my way back from the shop today I pulled over outside the entrance down to the canal, there was a woman with a dog on the roadside unable to walk due to the heat. She has no garden and has brought him out to toilet and walked through a park and up onto the canal towpath at the back, before she knows it she has gone too far and the dog was in trouble, she's in a state and the dog was exhausted with the heat on him.

He had a sleeve muzzle on and he just had his mouth open with his tongue pocked through, was lying down and in a right state. We carried him back down the track to the canal, where there is tree shade and using a bowl i had in the car managed to soak him with canal water which helped. He's at the vets, luckily there was no traffic and we got there in 10 minutes, they were fantastic.

This was an exempted dog, not been home long and owner never muzzled a dog before, not on internet, didn't know how to do it right. She has put a sleeve muzzle on him as he pulls the other one off (hates wearing it as not been trained)

I'm going to go visit and take round some muzzles and advice sheets later.

Please - if you have a registered dog - get a muzzle the dog can pant and drink in, be aware of just how hot it is out and keep your dog cool at all times.

I'm still shaking as a dog that can't breath is a bloody awful sight.

Hot weather & dogs

Amanda x

He's going to be okay and is back home from the vets who said that the canal water saved his life by bringing his body temperature down.

Poor boy, having a complete rest today, then we're going to start muzzle training and get him sorted out :wink:

Amanda x