UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Terrier X Pup Needs Rehoming

BillyMalc

My neighbour just knocked on my door: His mum got herself a puppy, which sounds like it could be a JRT X dachsie, who is now about 3 months old. The little guy appears to be barking quite a lot, and a neighbour with a newborn baby has complained. The housing association has told her that she has 2 weeks to "get rid" of the pup, and as I seem to have a reputation here of "dog woman", son was sent over to me to ask if I could help :unsure: I'd love to help, but I wouldn't have any idea of anyone who, at this very moment, would love a 3 month old terrier type cross. Would any rescue be able to take this little boy on at all please? If you are not a rescue, but are interested, please pm me. A home check will be done before any rehoming, thanks :flowers:

Thanks Cheryl, will get onto them after work :)

If Dawn has space that'd be great too, bearing in mind that the lady has only been given 2 weeks to rehome the little mite. I'll try and pop round there tonight to have a look and hopefully take a couple of pictures :)

Ohhh, that's top - and so fast too! :liebe94: :liebe94:

I might have another person interested in him too tho, but I think they are on the Wirral too. This would be a keeper rather than a foster as well :) Obviously absolutely nothing against Dawn as a foster mum, but I'm thinking that if the pup can be rehomed why take up a space that might be desperately needed by another dog :)

Edited to say that I'd be happy to take pup over to Dawn meself and save you the drive Cheryl :flowers:

Edited by BillyMalc

AAAAARRGGHHH!!!!! Just seen my neighbours and the story line is now completely different: she now appears to have been given 2 weeks to sort the pup out, i.e. improve his behaviour and have him decrease his barking to an acceptable standard. DoG knows how they are going to achieve that, neighbours are the kind who give their dogs an appalling standard of life as far as I'm concerned, but they, in their own way, care greatly about their dogs and are now "helping" mum to "train" the pup :wacko: :( I've offered my help, but they seem to think they've now got it all under control. So thanks a lot for your help, I really really appreciate it and I so want for this little pup to have a good home, but they're not willing to give him up just yet. Maybe I will call on your help again in 2 weeks' time, when Housing tell her that she has to "get rid of pup now" - I hope that's okay. I'm really gutted :mecry:

Hope they do have the desire to sort the pup out,although it sounds from the brief info given that he has already picked up some bad habits that should have been corrected a while back.Don't beat yourself up about it,just let them know you will be there if needed - and thanks for that :flowers:

Am guessing that in 2 weeks time they will be contacting you again.

Make sure you let them know that a place in rescue is available

too often people get into a situation where the dog has to go, they either just

let it out to run away (and we all know how that can end :mecry: ) or they

have them PTS instead.

:GroupHug: for pupster