UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Rescue / Rspca Programme

Ian

On BBC one there was an animal rescue programme a couple of nights ago.

After an ill pup, too young to have even left Mum, was visited by an Inspector a poor "pitbull type" bitch and her pups were tracked to a flat.

Poor dogs had been locked in an empty flat used only as a kennel & the police were called to break in. Despite a copper kicking the door in & Mum being observed by the Inspector as too frightened to be attacking them, running into the yard before getting worried about her pups, which were then brought out to "calm" her, there was no sign of any aggression whatsoever. I didn't think she was a "proper" pitbull myself (though I appreciate that doesn't necessarily matter).

They were all taken to an unidentified vet / "expert" who expressed concern they may be type & at the end of the programme it was announced they had indeed been decided to be pitbulls and put to sleep.

As I watched it just appalled me that this could happen - I'd expect to see somebody get bitten if many dogs were faced with their door being kicked in yet this poor girl does nothing despite the provocation & dies purely because of her breed :thumbsdown_still: