UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Suggestions Please

I have a good friend who is about to separate from his wife and move into rented accomodation, he has two dogs - and his wife is refusing to look after them until he can find suitable accomodation for both him and his dogs. She has said she will send them to the dogs home as soon as he leaves but he is finding it impossible to stay there because of her behaviour.

So - firstly - where does he find rented property that allow dogs - Staffordshire/Cheshire area

secondly - does anyone have any alternative suggestions - I wondered about short term fostering??

He is desperate not to lose his dogs as they mean the world to him but does not what else to do.

Thank you!!

Might be worth a look at www.petfriendlyrentals.co.uk or http://www.upmystreet.com/properties/to-rent-in-uk.html

It sounded to me like she's really trying to force him into staying if she can & you didn't say whether wife has kids with her or not, who pays the mortgage / rent etc but if there are no kids & he's paying I'm afraid that I did have a slightly wicked thought about teaching her a lesson & him changing the locks when she next goes out :devil:

If he doesn't need to leave then he doesn't need to leave. I'm sorry I know that sounds incredibly harsh and unsympathetic but if he doesn't have to go then staying is surely a safe solution for him and the dogs.

Living with someone in a bad situation can be hell I know but as long as the dogs are relatively unaffected by them all being in the same house it is surely worth 6 months to stay together?

Sorry to sound heartless, bit of a sensitive subject!