UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Beautiful Ben Collie - Loyal And Gentle

Fee

bencollieoc2.jpg

Ben is a beautiful 14 year old Border Collie boy who came into Oldies Club care after his elderly owner had to go into a retirement home. Ben is in an Oldies Club foster home in Wingate, County Durham.

Ben comes with a glowing reference from his foster carer: I am understating when I say that he is the perfect companion. He is loving, extremely obedient (he even waits to be invited back into the house) and is loyal beyond belief.

Ben quickly settled into his foster home. He is OK to be left alone for a few hours but he wouldn’t be happy living with someone that is out at work all day. His perfect home would be with a quiet, calm couple or single person who can be with him for the majority of the time. Ben should be fine to live with dogs and cats. He’s a gentle boy but children might be a bit too manic for Ben’s slow lifestyle.

His foster carer continues: I do not recommend him to anyone who is looking for an active pet as he only manages small walks and does not ‘fetch’. His ideal owner would be someone who is there with him most of the time. He loves to be his master’s shadow. He is amazing on the lead - never pulls and NEVER shows any aggression at all. He loves car journeys and his happy simply just being.

Ben’s favourite pastimes are having his belly rubbed, taking short walks, and being with his owner. He is frightened of thunderstorms and having his claws clipped!

Ben had been vet-checked since coming into our care and he is neutered, microchipped, vaccinated and flea and worm treated. He has had a dental and is in excellent shape for his age.

And a lovely conclusion from his foster carer: Ben is beautiful so please make sure you can make the last years of his life beautiful too.

bencollie1.jpg

—————-

If you are interested in Ben, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Ben can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet him.

• 2 weeks later...

brill news so pleased

as soon as i saw that first pic for the first time ever

a thought flashed accross my mind about expanding from 3 to

4 dogs

a case of heart ruling the head but he is simply :wub: :wub: :wub:

(and I don't do collies usually) :laugh:

any chance we can get some regular Ben updates please