UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Think Twice Before Posting Pics Of Your Kids On The Web

wendywoo1972

I got a response from the site that the comment was made about Lydia

:(

Hi Wendy,

Thanks so much for reporting this to us. However, I'm afraid that there's not much we can do. The person posted that comment anonymously on your blog without an account, so there's virtually no information we can use to trace it.

I encourage you to turn anonymous commenting off so people will have to have an account to comment on your blog.

Sorry that this happened... There's always a few bad apples that ruin the Internet for everyone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Also I spoke to some people today and a closer look at the site that I found on the web shows some pictures of children posed I am so distressed by this. My Mum phoned scotland yard today they took my contact information but still nothing back from anyone. I really really feel someone needs to get this page off of the web or do something

I just want someone to tell me they are doing something about it :mecry:

:GroupHug: Wendy - dont know what to say - but I will pass this on to a couple of friends if I may as they are always posting pictures of their children espcially on Facebook and although I know that you have to accept someone as a friend my SIL has over 400 "friends" on her Facebook and she doesnt really know them personally - they are friends of friends of friends and so on.

Thanks so much for reporting this to us. However, I'm afraid that there's not much we can do. The person posted that comment anonymously on your blog without an account, so there's virtually no information we can use to trace it.

How come you were able to trace him and they can't? :unsure:

Definitely worth trying the IWF. It sounds from that reply that they haven't taken in that you are reporting 2 separate incidents

1) an anonymous comment and

2) a website with inappropriate images.

They may not be able to do a lot with the anonymous comment if there is no logging at all (I take it that your blog doesn't give you an IP address for commenters or anything like that? IP address will be a number something like 192.168.7.32 ) but they should be able to at least investigate the website. If the site is hosted somewhere like Russia there might be problems actually removing it, but there should be quite a lot of info for them to work with one way or the other.

What an awful thing to experience. Try the contacts above from HLGS, but please realise they may be doing *something* but computer crime can take a while to build a case, and something like this (from what you've said) may take longer if they idenitfy a *ring*. However, I'd recommend calling them back on a regular basis to see what is happening, until it gets moved to the appropriate department.

Huge :GroupHug: for you that must have been an awful experience.

No one thinks you are being hysterical about this situation, it's a worrying, hideous part of the internet that no one seems able to control.

hmmm cycas can type faster them me :flowers: